Saturday, June 23, 2007

17 Weeks and 17 Pounds


This past week was great! I officially started giggling and am progressing on the rolling over thing. I have heard that I am the cutest little baby in the world when I start giggling and that I can light up any room... I made it to the beach this past week, check out my beach hat!

One of the highlights of this past week included a trip Mom, Mimi and I went on to Babies R Us. We went there a few days ago to pick me up some more formula since, according to Mom, is the least expensive place to purchase it in the area. She has become quite thrifty since I was born and has been paying close attention to prices of formula, diapers, baby wipes, etc. at the various stores that she drags me to. So, we drove all the way out to Babies R Us in Lauderhill so she could picked up the least expansive pack of Similac Organic formula and accidentally put 130 dollars of toys for me in her shopping cart. She said she just couldn't resist all the neat toys that are out there and that toys are beneficial for my development. So much for trying to save money mom, but I did get some great new toys out of the trip! She picked me up a piano that lights up as I play it. The five brightly colored keys light up when I touch them. Mom and dad are so proud of me because I have figured out how to play it and the box says it is for 6 month old babies and I am only 4 months old! I am such a genius... We also picked up some new books (i love reading), a v-tech ball that plays music and rolls around by itself to stimulate crawling (one step at a time guys), and the classic rainbow stacking donuts. Later in the week, Mom, Dad and I went our storage facility and we picked up some items that they received from friends and family when I was born that I haven't been able to use yet. Well let me just tell you, I have even more things to play with and sit in, now that I am sitting - a rocking chair that vibrates, a new high chair so I can start eating solid foods, a bouncing seat that sits in a doorway and my cool exersaucer! Oh I have been having so much fun with all my new toys!!! All of these things are helping me become more independent and imaginative! Thank you to everyone out there who has given them to me...



Another big thing that happened this past week is that I started sleeping in my very own room in my big boy crib! I do miss sleeping next to mommy and daddy, but I have also enjoyed having some privacy. Mom got up seventeen times to check up on me that first night, silly girl! I love my new bed and not hearing my parents snoring anymore!

Well I almost have this rolling over thing down. I still need a little helping remembering to put my arm up by my head so I don't roll over on it. I think I will have it down soon. So stay tuned...

No comments: